Saturday, June 5, 2010

TV Meme Day Five: The Fucking Hills

Day 05 | A show you hate

There are a lot of shows I wouldn't lower myself to watch, such as Dancing with the stars, The Bachelor/ette, American Idol (other than the auditions), etc. But I don't necessarily hate those shows. I'm just bored with them. Seriously. I see no point to American Idol. Ever.

But when it comes down to a show I can actually slap the "hate" label on? There really isn't another option.

As mentioned in my RHoNY entry, I HATE reality TV. But what I hate more than reality TV is non-reality reality. Oh, no, this is our real life! But we're not talking about what is actually going on in our real life. Only what ELSE is happening.

The people of The Hills make my teeth ache. I wish I could erase the knowledge of them from my brain. Knowing that there are people so vapid and pointless, being paid such insane amounts of money to spread that stupidity to the world...this is what is wrong with the world.

It's not even just that the show isn't real. I mean, even the hardcore viewers seem to know these morons are reading from scripts and re-shooting events that happened off camera. How you can want to watch a reality show that basically brags about being scripted is beyond me.

It's the fact that this show takes everything that you SHOULDN'T aspire to be, and accentuates it. Never more clearly than with Heidi and Spencer. These people should have been sterilized at birth.

I have never seen an episode of this show. I do watch The Soup, though. The 3 second clips from the show have hurt my brain so much I can't possibly imagine ever sitting through a full episode without killing a few brain cells.

Hate. Hate to the umpteenth degree.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Can I change MY answer to this one? Whenever I see clips of this show and/or see the people connected to it on other things, I become just a wee bit homicidal.

    ReplyDelete