Tuesday, June 8, 2010

TV Meme Day 8: This meme hates me

Day 08 - A show everyone should watch

This meme is just geared toward not me.

I watch a lot of TV, but I don't watch CURRENT TV. And what I watch, everyone that matters is already watching (except Leverage, which we've already discussed). Hell, the best friend's parents were watching Dollhouse without me having to say anything!!

But it says nothing about current TV, right? This could be something on repeat, or something on DVD. I don't know if this show is on DVD, but I do know Logo is running repeats, and if I'm not mistaken, MTV2 is also.

Daria came out when I was in high school, and I loved it from minute one. It was a huge thing with my high school girlfriends. We would quote the show, and mimic the characters. I did a crazy accurate impression of Helen ("Giiiiirlsss!! Have you seen your father's SPIRIT ANIMAL?!") and Tiffany (She's not hard, you just have to sound like a stoned valley girl).

Trent is the cartoon character to out-do all cartoon characters. I still have a crush on him, and the show's been off the air for quite some time now.

The show had everything. It was perfect for anyone in high school at the time. We all wanted to be friends with Daria, we all hated Quinn and loved when Daria got the best of her (i.e., always).

If you've never seen the show, please to be finding it. If you watch only ONE episode, make it Pierce Me. It's Trent heavy, Daria gets to have fun, and there's still some Fashion Club madness.

I'm starting to hate this meme.

No comments:

Post a Comment