Friday, June 25, 2010

TV Meme Day 25: Coming Soon

Day 25 | A show you plan on watching

Doctor Who

Unlike all of the other shows my friends are constantly foisting on me, this actually seems like a show I would legitimately enjoy. The really funny part? I know absolutely NOTHING about Doctor Who. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

I know that the very pretty man featured in the graphic is said Doctor. I know there's someone named Rose. I know that there are these weird R2-D2 looking things, which I think are called...Daleks? Or something to that affect? Possibly the R2-D2 looking things are not called Daleks (sp), but something else is.

As I said, my knowledge is extremely shaky.

But you can tell a lot about a fandom not only by the fans, but the quality of the fandom actions. And I really enjoy seeing the Dr Who fandom. Including my best friend Laura, who was absolutely horrified to learn I'd never seen it.

To be fair, I have seen one episode. The only thing I can tell you is Anthony Stewart Head played a head master of a school. Absolutely no clue about the rest of the show. Couldn't throw anything out there.

I would like to be a Dr Who fan when I grow up.

See Ry's entry for another show I'll see someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment