Sunday, June 20, 2010

TV Meme Day 20: Kiss Me


Day 20 - Favorite kiss

The pairing for this one was easy. It was picking between two scenes for them.

Season six was the worst season of Buffy ever. EVER. Just thinking of it gets me angry and upset. Buffy and Spike abusing each other, Xander and Anya losing all of the sweetness we'd come to love in them. Dawn's existance. Giles' nonexistance. Willow's magic crack. NO GOOD COMES FROM WATCHING SEASON SIX.

And Willow and Tara broke up, and the entire world cried. Not for Willow, mind you, because Marti Noxon worked damn hard to make me despise Willow as a girlfriend. Tara deserved a hell of a lot better than what she got in this season.

And they would meet up and there would be awkward pain that would nearly bring tears when you remembered how much this relationship had grown in two seasons.

And then Entropy. Tara and Willow went on a date, and it was sweet, and so hopeful. And the final scene, with Tara in the doorway, and the Once More With Feeling dress in the background.

Tara: "There's just so much to work through. Trust has to build again, on both sides. You have to learn if...if we're even the same people we were, if you can fit in each other's lives, it's a long and important process and...can we just skip it? Can you...can you just be kissing me now?"


I was spoiled for this part, and I still cried like a baby when Willow and Tara ran at each other and had the greatest kiss on television. When I made a group video for BTVS about the different relationships in the show to the song "White Flag" by Dido, I used this kiss for the best part of the song. It was pre-planned because this was the most important kiss.

And then in the next episode. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Great choice. I don't know my favorite kiss. I've been thinking about it all day and I'm coming up bupkis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost chose the "Panicking" kiss from Graduation Day Part 2. I like the rushing-to-each-other kisses.

    ReplyDelete