Tuesday, June 22, 2010

TV Meme Day 22: Let's Go to Work

Day 22 - Favorite series finale

Angel - Not Fade Away (2004, episode 110)

This is not an easy question. Series finales are painful. It's the end of an era. If done properly, they drag out tears and horror and death.

Buffy does not qualify. As amazing as the "Every woman is a slayer" message was, I wasn't pleased with the way the show ended. I wish my favorite show could take the spot here, but it can't. The spin-off, however, well qualifies.

When the hour was up, and the credits rolled, I was in shock. I'd cried my way through most of it, and wasn't looking at the clock. I went outside and cried some more.

The show ended, and it managed to do what neither show had done in years. I loved every single character. That includes characters I hadn't appreciated in a very very long time.

This meme will be told through a picspam. Enjoy.


"You need to decide for yourselves if that's worth dying for."

"Your signature there will remove any opportunity that you will ever earn your once-precious humanity."

"Today, I want you guys to go out. Live. Do whatever you want."

"I'll have you know I am damn loyal, dumbass."

Angel: "People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do."
Hamilton: "Yeah, but we won't care."

"And you wonder why folks don't vote."

"Good night, folks."

"Would you like me to lie to you now?

" I kind of want to slay the dragon."

2 comments:

  1. Dude that ep was so epic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bought back many feels here, many many feels.

    ReplyDelete