Monday, August 30, 2010

Movie Meme Day 30 - Cleaning out my tear ducts

31 Day Movie Meme

Serenity_1596 (500x281)

Day 30 - Saddest death scene

I was going to use a different scene, because I had already mentioned this scene in the TV meme. But the only other scene I could use that makes me cry consistently each time is from Fried Green Tomatoes, which I already used as an answer previously.

This rips out my heart. Not just because it’s Book dying, but because of Mal’s reaction. His heart is breaking, but he’s trying to stay the strong captain. And Book is still messing with him, telling him he doesn’t have to listen to him.

I cry each time. Wash also dies, but it’s so fast, it’s so shocking, and you immediately run into the giant battle, and it’s hard to absorb that he’s gone. It’s heartbreaking, yes, but nowhere near as hard hitting as this one.

“I’m not one of your crew.”

Sniffle.

No comments:

Post a Comment