Thursday, July 14, 2011

Birthday Girl (Writer)

JanePic2If Joss Whedon is the King of TV Writing, Jane Espenson is the Queen.

Sharp and witty, with such deep heart and sincerity, her writing is always deeply felt, and can pull the heart strings and punch the tear ducts.

Jane has had her fingers in so many scripts from my favorite shows. Anytime she’s involved in something, I sit up straighter, because I know she’s going to give me beauty.

Most importantly, it’s thanks to her Twitter Writing Sprints that most of my blog entries get written. Yes, blame Jane Espenson.

Checkpoint417

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Episode 5x12 - Checkpoint

“I’m fairly certain I said no interruptions.”

Earshot532

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Episode 3x18 - Earshot

“My life happens to, on occasion, suck beyond the telling of it. Sometimes more than I can handle. And it's not just mine. Every single person down there is ignoring your pain because they're too busy with their own. The beautiful ones. The popular ones. The guys that pick on you. Everyone. If you could hear what they were feeling. The loneliness. The confusion. It looks quiet down there. It's not. It's deafening.”

bandcandy334

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Episode 3x06 - Band Candy

“Oooh... Copper's got a gun.”

And my newest fandom, which I got into solely so that I could watch Caprica, a show helmed by the lady herself.

310cap_498

Battlestar Galactica Episode 3x10 - The Passage

“What you did was harder than facing a bullet. And you did it without putting one other soul in harm's way. Don't know if I could've done that. I wish there something more that I could give you.”

Forcing myself to stop with just these. See her IMBD page for all of my other favorites. Seriously.

We love you, Jane. Have an amazing birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment